The American Heart Association and University of Iowa Heart and Vascular Center have teamed up to host “Get to Know Your Heart,” a free event open to the entire community offering heart screenings and Q&A with heart health experts.
Date: Thursday, September 15
Time: 6 to 8 p.m.
Location: St. Patrick Church (4330 St. Patrick Drive, Iowa City)
- Free Screenings: Detect your risks and early signs of heart disease
- Cardiologist’s Corner: Have your heart questions answered by a University of Iowa cardiologist.
- Vascular Booth: Learn how to have healthy, pain-free legs and how to treat and prevent PAD (Peripheral Arterial Disease).
- Cooking for Cardio: Demos and tips from our UI Heart and Vascular Center dietitian.
- Everyday Exercise: Tips for building more movement into your daily routine.
- Wow! New Advances for Your Heart Health: Meet the physicians who perform the latest heart treatments, including catheterization through the wrist, minimally invasive heart surgery, and the first total artificial heart implant in Iowa.
- CPR demonstrations and much more!
Registration for this free event is recommended but not required. Go online or call 319-356-2777.