A desire to have a child is extremely personal. Dealing with infertility is as well. The experts with the UI Center for Advanced Reproductive Care blend skill, compassion and sensitivity to help you weigh your options for the best course of treatment.
We are committed to providing you with a caring and supportive environment offering the latest techniques and services.
Our team of reproductive health professionals works through the personal and emotional issues you will face throughout treatment. Our team includes board-certified reproductive endocrinologists, urologists, nursing specialists, clinical laboratory scientists and embryologists who provide a wide variety of reproductive evaluations, treatments and assisted reproductive services.
The UI Center for Advanced Reproductive Care brings together board-certified reproductive specialists to offer a full range of fertility treatment options. Our pregnancy success rate is as follows:
- 60 percent for women under 35
- 45 percent for women 35 to 37
- 33 percent for women 38 to 40
- 39 percent for women 41 to 42
Treatment options include:
- Surgery to correct conditions such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids and pelvic adhesions and to reverse tubal ligations
- Hormonal therapy to stimulate and mimic the body's natural hormones, help increase the number of eggs produced each month, and increase the chance for pregnancy
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI): a technique that places prepared sperm directly into the uterus
- In vitro Fertilization: choosing from several options to culture, select and inseminate embryos before implanting them in the uterus
Male fertility issues play a role in about 50 percent of all couples facing fertility problems. Many of the causes of male infertility are treatable, and a careful medical history and physical exam will identify most of these.
The Pediatric and Adolescent Clinic sees women up to age 22 and addresses gynecologic surgical issues such as ovarian cysts, torsion (twisting of the tube and/or ovary) and abnormalities of the vagina, cervix or uterus.
Fertility preservation services available at the UI Center for Advanced Reproductive Care include:
- Comprehensive fertility evaluation of the individual or couple
- In vitro fertilization with embryo cryopreservation
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Anonymous and known oocyte donation
- Anonymous and known embryo donation
- Anonymous and known sperm donation
- Assisted fertilization via ICSI
- Sperm retrieval
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Counseling services