Our PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency Program places an emphasis on developing the resident as a clinical educator in academia. As such, residents will have ample opportunity to develop their teaching and presentation skills. Residents are appointed as an Adjunct Instructors with the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy, with access to informational, clinical, professional, and educational resources provided to UI College of Pharmacy preceptors.
Resident teaching opportunities include:
- Co-precepting pharmacy students on ambulatory care Introductory and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences
- Facilitating a therapeutics discussion for students on their ambulatory care rotations
- Didactic lecture(s) and facilitating laboratory sessions within the Pharmacy Practice Lab course series
- Facilitating presentation sessions within the Clinical Professional Skills course series
- Participating in the Pharmacy Educator Preparation Program for Residents (PEPPR) Teaching Certificate Program
- Delivering didactic lectures/dicsussions for medical and/or nursing students
- Precepting pharmacy students through pharmacy student organizations
PGY2 Ambulatory Care residents are also required to deliver at least one ACPE-accredited continuing education presentation to the Johnson County Pharmacists Association.