Residents have the opportunity to work in the Ambulatory Care Pharmacies (ACP) and Specialty Pharmacy at UIHC. This component of the residency is to augment experience in pharmacy operations and drug distribution. Residents are required to fulfill the service commitment (staffing) designed to ensure that residents gain experience and can function as competent clinical practitioners.
Staffing requirements are as follows:
- PGY1 year: Every other weekend on a rotating basis upon completion of orientation.
- PGY2 year: Every fourth weekend on a rotation basis and Specialty Pharmacy patient telephone management one evening (3-7pm) per week.
- PGY1 residents will work either Thanksgiving or Christmas and both PGY1/PGY2 residents may staff additional days around these holidays.
- All residents will have Independence Day, Labor Day, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and Memorial Day off. However, residents may have to staff the weekend around one of these holidays.
- Staffing requirements are subject to change.