About the Program
The overall purpose of the PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency Program is to acquire new and more in depth knowledge of Ambulatory Care. The resident will become proficient in patient focused care and develop the skills necessary to become a competent clinician in this area. Residents will be provided with experience and training in delivering pharmaceutical care and ambulatory care services to patients in primary care clinics. Upon graduation from this program, residents will have the skills to qualify for a position as an Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist and be able to qualify for at least a non-tenure clinical track faculty appointment associated with a Health Science College.
Upon completion of the PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency, residents will be able to:
- Establish a collaborative working relationship within a multidisciplinary practice setting
- Provide effective, efficient, and evidence-based patient care
- Use leadership and management skills to modify practice, develop policy and optimize medication use
- Provide education and teaching to other health care professionals in a practice site or in training
- Pursue Board Certification within Ambulatory Care or Pharmacotherapy
For more information, please see our downloadable/printable brochure.