Bryan Steussy, MD
353-6561, Pager 2739
BS Iowa State University, 2005
MD, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 2010
Residency, AP/CP, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 2010-2014
Surgical Pathology Fellowship, University of Iowa, 2013-2014
Honors and Awards:
- Post-sophomore pathology fellowship (externship), University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, 1/09-12/09
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2008
- Received a $500 grant from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) for a Cover the Uninsured Week booth where students and professionals printed and signed letters to their congressional leaders urging them to make healthcare coverage a priority, 2006
Previous Research Experience:
- Low Cost Workflow Improvement Reduces GI Block Use 25% by Altering Classical Histotechnology Teaching (Abstract and Poster Presentation) – USCAP 2014 – Pending submission.
- BRAF−Mutant Colon Cancers with and without High−Level Microsatellite Instability Are Distinguished by Histology and Methylation Phenotype (Abstract and Poster Presentation) – USCAP 2013.
- Plasma Versus Serum Samples for Analysis of Free Light Chains (abstract and poster presentation), Lab Medicine 2012, Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists, Milwaukee, WI, May 31 – June 2, 2012.
- Research Assistant, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 08/2004 - 05/2005.
- Worked on a research project in the Department of Animal Science and Biochemistry with Dr. Don Beitz involving the isolation of cholesterol reductase from plant tissue.