Pediatric Board Certification
Medical specialty certification in the United States is a voluntary process which serves multiple purposes for the trainee and the public.
- one mission of the training program to produce trainees who meet board eligibility criteria;
- distinguishes a physician as someone with a distinct level of expertise;
- provides more opportunities when applying for employment;
- presents resources and tools by the ABMS;
- a commitment to life-long improvement for providing the best patient care; and
- elevates physicians into the ranks of doctors committed to the highest standards of healthcare.
For more information visit the American Board of Pediatrics for specifics on board certification requirements.