Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there sufficient patient volume so that I can have multiple exposures to a variety of conditions?
- Over 500 new patients were seen on the Gynecologic Oncology Service between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012. Operative procedures performed by the fellows included radical hysterectomies, radical or simple vulvectomies, inguinal lymphadenectomies, pelvic exenterations, abdominal hysterectomies, ovarian debulking procedures, colostomies and other bowel procedures, urinary diversions, brachytherapy implants, and other major operative procedures. More than 100 robotic hysterectomies (with or without lymphadenectomy) were performed.
- What are the advantages to Iowa?
- A great training program and a high quality of life at an affordable price.
- The Department has a librarian, IT support staff, statistician, and transcription staff.
- Iowa City is a highly intellectual community with premier arts events that are accessible to residents and fellows in terms of cost and location.
- We have an outstanding school system for children in grades K-12.
If you have additional questions please contact our program coordinator at email@example.com.