Interpersonal and Communication Skills
be able to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that
result in effective information exchange and teaming with patients,
their patients’ families, and professional associates.
- Fellows will learn to effectively communicate as a consultant cardiologist to the referring health care provider and other members of the health care team.
- Fellows will learn to communicate a patient’s medical diagnosis and potential therapies or procedures in a manner that is easily understood by the patient and his or her family members.
- Fellows will learn to generate accurate, thorough, and easily understood reports for cardiac procedures.
- Fellows will learn to listen to and understand patient and family member concerns.
- Fellows are expected to provide thorough and timely consultations in the patient’s medical record.
- These skills will be evaluated by direct observation from the attending physicians as fellows rotate through the clinical services, and the results will be reported via monthly rotation evaluations.