Chief Fellow Responsibilities
The Chief Fellow is a senior-level fellow assigned administrative duties related to the training program that are in addition to usual fellow duties. These responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership at the fellow level.
- Serve as liaison between the general cardiology fellows and the fellowship program director and division director.
- Attend divisional faculty meetings to represent fellow interests and to discuss issues and changes in the fellowship program.
- Prepare the yearly call and rotation schedules in conjunction with the fellowship program director. This will include coordinating requests for vacation and meetings, as well as approving and arranging schedule modifications throughout the year.
- Arrange rotation and call coverage for unplanned absences.
- Serve as the first point of contact for fellow problems.
- Serve as a role mode to encourage fellow conference attendance
- Assist with supervision of junior fellows.
- Assist the program director with developing an orientation schedule for new fellows, including the July/August introductory lecture series.
- Assist the program director with updating core curriculum and ensuring all elements covered on a rotating two-year basis.
- Assist with the selection of new fellows (recruiting, screening applications, interview process).
- Participate in appropriate GME meetings with the Internal Medicine department.
- Be responsible, in conjunction with the program director, for fellow compliance with call schedule and other fellowship duties.
- Help coordinate conferences requiring direct fellow participation/presentation including board review conference series.