By the Numbers!
- 13 residents are accepted each year
- 39 total residents are ACGME approved for our training program
- 50% of our graduating residents go on to fellowships
- 138 faculty members train and mentor pediatric residents
- 2 Chiefs are selected each year for a post-residency year
- Required rotations:
Most rotations are scheduled at University of Iowa Children's Hospital.
One-month rotation during PGY-2 is scheduled at Blank Children's Hospital, Des Moines, IA.
- Elective rotations:
Opportunities exist for international rotations of two-week or four-week duration.
- Competitive stipends
- Comprehensive medical, dental, hospitalization and pharmacy benefits for residents/fellows and their dependents
- 21 days of annual paid time off.
Board Certification Requirements
- Visit the American Board of Pediatrics for specifics on
board certification requirements