Fellows participate in several formal teaching conferences, including a core conference, gastroenterology-hepatology pathology conference, combined medical-surgical grand rounds, journal clubs, endoscopy rounds, a visiting lecturer series, and state-of-the-art conferences. Fellows are encouraged to attend seminars offered by the Department of Internal Medicine and other departments in The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. Undertaking course work that is pertinent to individual research interests is recommended. Fellows contribute to the informal education of students during outpatient clinics and on clinical rounds. Senior fellows may participate in the formal teaching of students by delivering lectures or serving as preceptors.
- Transplant & Liverbiopsy Conference, Mondays, 1:00 p.m.
- Endoscopy Conference, Wednesdays, 7:30 a.m.
- Dysphagia Conference (monthly), Wednesday, 5:00 p.m.
- Departmental Grand Rounds, Thursdays, noon
- Core & Research Conference, Thursdays, 5:00 p.m.
- GI Pathology Conference, Fridays, 8:00 a.m.
- GI Surgery Grand Rounds, Fridays, 4:00 p.m.