Iowa City offers not only the best in terms of academics and patient care, but affordable living and healthy lifestyle. Some of the highlights and recognitions are:
Fellowship Training at Iowa
- We offer an education fund and support for attendance at national conferences.
- Top nephrology program ranking by US News and World Report 2015-2016
- Our fellows consistently score in the top 25-30% on the ITE exams.
- Opportunity for additional training after General Nephrology Training right here:
- Transplant Nephrology Fellowship Program
- Masters in Medical Education
- Dedicated preparation for and assistance in job placement after training
Special Lectures in Nephrology
- Annual Annette Fitz Lecture, celebrating fellow education.
- Annual John B. Stokes Renal Physicians Day, offering fellows a chance to connect with community physicians.
UIHC and the Carver College of Medicine
- 2015 and 2016 America’s Best Large Employers; #1 in healthcare, #7 overall, Forbes
- 2016 Best Graduate Schools, U.S. News and World Report
- America’s Best Hospitals List, U.S. News and World Report
- America’s Best Children’s Hospitals List, U.S. News and World Report
- 2014 Magnet Prize for Nursing
Iowa City, a top place to live:
- #1 Least Stressed City in America 2015
- World City of Literature, UNESCO; Home of the internationally renowned Iowa Writer’s Workshop
- #3 Best Places to Live List, Outside Magazine
- Best Places to Live and Launch Fortune
- #5 Great Places to Live, Work, MSN
- RAGBRAI: A week-long bike ride across Iowa, the largest bike ride in the world.