How to Apply
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
US residents should contact their Dean's Office or ERAS at http://www.aamc.org/programs/eras/.
International residents should contact the ECFMG at http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/index.html. Sponsorship of J-1 visas is preferred (on occasion H-1b).
An ECFMG certificate must accompany the ERAS application.
A background of research experience is not essential. However, we would encourage applicants who have a strong interest in pursuing an academic Infectious Diseases career. Our research programs range from Clinical Infectious Diseases (antibiotic stewardship, transplantation), Epidemiology (infection control, emerging infections network), Translational Research (vaccines, clinical trials, antibiotic/antifungal resistance), and Basic Research (virology, parasitology, bacteriology, and innate and adaptive immunity).
A complete ERAS application includes:
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of the applicant's long-term career goal and field of interest
- Dean's letter
- Three letters of support
- Copies of ECFMG scores for Steps I, II, and III (if completed)
- Notarized copies of applicant's transcripts for USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3
- Medical school transcript
- An unmounted recent photograph of applicant must accompany application or be provided at time of interview.
All applicants must also register with the National Resident Matching Program (Phone: 202-828-0566).
The NRMP numbers for our program is 1203146F0.
The deadline for applications is September 30.
Selected candidates will be invited to interview.