The purpose of the combined UIHC PGY1 and PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency programs is to acquire an in depth knowledge of ambulatory care services. The resident will become proficient in patient-focused care and develop the skills necessary to become a competent clinician and independent practitioner. Residents will be trained to deliver ambulatory care services in a variety of primary care clinics.
Upon completion of this PGY1 and PGY2 Ambulatory Care Residency, residents will be able to complete the following in addition to achieving the outcomes established by ASHP:
- Establish a collaborative working relationship within a multidisciplinary practice setting
- Provide effective, efficient, and evidence-based patient care
- Use leadership and management skills to modify practice, develop policy and optimize medication use
- Provide education and teaching to other health care professionals in a practice site or in training
- Pursue Board Certification within Ambulatory Care or Pharmacotherapy