During the 2nd year, residents will continue to rotate through the subspecialty clinics every three weeks and can choose one elective in either education (medical student teaching), research or other clinic.
Second-year residents begin taking long call (night float). Call responsibilities occur in blocks of 6 nights, plus occasional weekends, dispersed throughout the year. The number of weeks the resident will spend on call during the second year varies according to schedule requirements.
IN-HOUSE CONFERENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Morning conferences
- Noon conferences
- Journal clubs
- Interdisciplinary conferences
- Iowa Radiologic Society annual meeting (expected attendance) - conference fees paid for by department
- Radiological Society of North America annual meeting (must attend at least twice during residency)
- Physics Modules
- Dictation modules
- Submit an ethics case
- Complete at least 2 CME credits during the year
- Maintain a case/procedure log
- ACR In-Training Exam
- Rotation exams