How to Apply
Applicants must have completed or be enrolled in a clinical year (PGY-1) of training in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-approved direct primary patient care specialty, such as internal medicine, family practice, or a transitional year program. The training experience must include at least 11 months of direct patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Applicants with board certification or board eligibility in primary care specialties are especially encouraged to apply.
Where to Send Application Materials
To apply to our program, please provide the following documents to Marlene Thompson, Program Coordinator:
- A cover letter with a personal statement of career goals and interest in occupational medicine
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three original letters of recommendation, one of which must come from your most recent Program Director
- Official transcripts from medical and undergraduate education (and any other relevant transcripts, e.g., graduate studies)
- Documentation of an ACGME-accredited year of post-graduate medical training (PGY-1)
- MCAT score (if applicable)
- Report or letter stating your USMLE status
- Copy of current medical license
This program does not participate in the national residency match program or ERAS.
Send your application documents to:
University of Iowa
105 River Street
S368 College of Public Health Building
Iowa City, IA 52242
Like most occupational medicine residency training programs, it is our goal to offer residency positions on December 15 of the academic year prior to commencement of residency. Therefore, we request applications be completed by November 15. Late applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.