The Department of Family Medicine was established in 1970 with residents entering the Family Medicine Residency Program in 1972.
282 physicians have completed the Family Medicine, Family Medicine-Psychiatry or Pella Rural Track training programs.
65% of our graduates entered private family practice following residency with others selecting (in order of frequency) academic medicine, emergency medicine, medicine administration, research, and other activities.
Our graduates reside and practice in 42 states and 3 foreign countries.
Destinations of 2015 Graduates
- Brainerd, Minnesota (private practice)
- British Columbia (private practice)
- Cedar Rapids Medical Education Foundation (family medicine residency program)
- Dubuque, Iowa (private practice)
- Iowa City, Iowa (academic family medicine program)
- Marshalltown, Iowa (private practice)
For further information about University of Iowa medical school and/or residency colleagues, visit the University of Iowa Health Care "Medicine Alumni Society" website.