By the Numbers
- 2 positions are approved for our program
- 4 faculty members are trained in geriatric psychiatry
- Second highest percentage of residents who are over the age of 85 in the country (2010 census data)
- Fourth highest percentage of residents who are over the age of 65 in the country (2010 census data)
- Competitive stipends
- Comprehensive medical, dental, hospitalization, and pharmacy coverage
- 21 days of annual paid time off
The Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. For more information specific to program requirements for a geriatric psychiatry training program, please read the ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Geriatric Psychiatry.
Board Certification Requirements
Our one-year training program leads to board certification eligibility in geriatric psychiatry. Visit the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for specifics on board certification requirements.