How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Program, the following application materials must be submitted:
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Application Form
- An updated Curriculum Vita. Describe any gaps of more than one month in education or training, if applicable.
- Personal Statement - describe your interest in child and adolescent psychiatry, what you are seeking in a child and adolescent psychiatry residency training program, what interests you about our training program, and your plans for future professional work.
- Passport-sized current photo.
- Official Medical School Transcript and Dean’s Letter, sent directly to our program director.
- Training Verification Form - completed by your general adult psychiatry residency training director and sent directly to our program director.
- A letter of recommendation from the training director of your general psychiatry residency training program, sent directly to our program director.
- Two additional letters of recommendation, particularly from people who are best qualified to attest to your personal, clinical and academic qualifications, sent directly to our program director.
- Copy of your medical school diploma.
- Copy of USMLE score reports for Steps 1, 2, 3.
- Copy of ECFMG certificate (if applicable).
- Documentation of VISA status (if applicable).
All letters must be originals (including original signatures) and addressed to Peter Daniolos, MD, Director, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Program.
Mail complete application packets to the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Coordinator:
Department of Psychiatry - 1882 JPP
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242