By the Numbers
- 7 residents are accepted each year
- 28 positions are approved for our program
- 80+ faculty members train and mentor our residents
- Competitive stipends
- Comprehensive medical, dental, hospitalization, and pharmacy coverage
- 21 days of annual paid time off
The Psychiatry Residency Program at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. For more information specific to program requirements for a psychiatry training program, please read the ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Psychiatry.
Our four-year training program leads to board certification eligibility in psychiatry. Visit the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for specifics on board certification requirements.