How to Apply
We accept one to two fellows each year. Because our funding for research training is primarily derived from federal training grants, we ordinarily consider applications only from U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Exceptions include foreign medical graduates who have an ECFMG certificate and do not need financial support. Application materials may be submitted after the beginning of the PL2 year of residency.
We will accept one or two fellows starting July 2013.
Application Materials Needed:
- Completed application on ERAS
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Four letters of recommendation including:
- Medical School Dean's letter (same as required for residency)
- Pediatric Residency Director, and
- Two additional faculty (or other appropriate individuals of your choice)
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 Examination Scores
- Copy of ECFMG Certificate (applies to international medical graduates only)
- Passport-style photograph (optional)
- Proof of US citizenship or permanent residency status
Direct Program-related Questions and Return Applications to:
M. Sue O'Dorisio, MD, PhD.
University of Iowa Distinguished Professor
Director, Fellowship Program in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
University of Iowa, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
200 Hawkins Drive, 2519 JCPIowa City, IA 52242-1083
Phone - 319-356-3595
Fax - 319-356-7659
Coordinator, Fellowship Program Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Department of Pediatrics
200 Hawkins Drive, 2519 JCP
Iowa City, IA 52242-1083