We will interview approximately 100 candidates for 9 positions beginning in early November and ending in mid January. Orientation for all new residents usually begins the last week of June so you must be available to start then and be licensed in Iowa by June 30.
I got an interview! Now what?
- What should I expect the night before my interview?
- You and spouses/significant others will be able to have dinner with some of the current residents at the home of a resident or at a restaurant. Dress is informal.
This is your opportunity to meet us, your potential future colleagues, and we are here to answer your questions. Please feel free to ask whatever is on your mind.
- What should I expect on the interview day?
- We will meet you at a central location in the hospital to begin the day, usually early morning. We suggest business attire for your interview day.
- The components of your day will include: a welcome/overview of the program, a meeting with the department chair, a tour of the hospital, time in conference, and an interview with a chief resident, program director, associate program director and a nurse.
- Your interview day typically wraps up early afternoon.