Our residents are active both locally and nationally receiving awards and honors on both stages.
- Amandeep Mahal, MD, Third Year Resident elected ACOG district VI Junior Fellow Vice Chair, 2012-2013.
- Sara Tikkanen, MD, Senior Resident, selected as 2013 ACOG Gellhaus Fellow. The ACOG Gellhaus Fellowship offers three nationally selected senior residents a rare opportunity to fully immerse themselves into Washington politics.
- Our residents are regularly nominated for medical student teaching awards with several having been recipients of the Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award presented by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation.
- Dr. Ryan Empey was the 2011 M3 resident teacher of the year, voted on by the entire M3 class of the College of Medicine. He was also one of two nominees for M4 resident teacher of the year.
- Drs. Jennifer Steines, Ryan Empey, Erin Eppsteiner and Erica Hofland received the 2011 OBG resident teaching awards selected by the M3s.
Our physicians are regularly honored as some of the best in the country including these physicians on the following lists: Best Doctors in America, Castle Connolly and U.S. News Rankings, and Consumer’s Research Council of America.
- David Bender, MD
- Noelle Bowdler, MD
- Catherine Bradley, MD, MSCE
- William Davis, MD
- Koen De Geest, MD
- Marygrace Elson, MD, MME
- Jane Engeldinger, MD
- Thomas Gellhaus, MD
- Stephen Hunter, MD, PhD
- Susan Johnson, MD, MS
- Kimberly Leslie, MD
- Jennifer Niebyl, MD
- Ginny Ryan, MD
- Gregory Skopec, MD
- Colleen Kennedy Stockdale
- Craig Syrop, MD
- Bradley Van Voorhis, MD
Our physicians are active in all arenas from local to international and have received recognition of their efforts.
- Dr. Kelly Ward received the 2012 Patient Satisfaction and Service Excellence Award from the University of Iowa Physicians. She is cited for going the extra step.
- Dr. Brad Van Voorhis and the In Vitro Fertilization Team received the 2012 Excellence in Quality Award from the University of Iowa Physicians.
- Dr. Rachel Maassen has been awarded a Forty under Forty Award from the Corridor Business Journal for her outstanding leadership and for making a significant impact on the corridor community. Her commitment to education and patient care as well as her hard work and devotion to Women’s Health at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics qualified her.
- Dr. Tom Gellhaus elected as the Assistant Secretary of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, May 2012.
- Dr. Tom Gellhaus received the 2011 APGO faculty teacher of the year award voted on by the M3s.
- Dr. Tom Gellhaus received the 2011 American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Award for International Service in recognition of his work with international health care missions to the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Tanzania, Peru, and Bolivia.
- Dr. Mark Santillan received the 2011 National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education.