By the Numbers!
- 5 residents are accepted each year
- 20 total residents are ACGME approved for our training program
- 25%of our graduating residents go on to fellowships
- Over 30 faculty members train and mentor obstetrics and gynecology residents
- Each R1 has a rotation through the Emergency Treatment Center (ETC) at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- Most rotations are scheduled at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics.
- R3s and R4s pursue elective rotations which may be at UIHC or elsewhere.
- All electives must be approved by the Program Director.
- Competitive Stipends
- Comprehensive medical, dental, hospitalization and pharmacy benefits for residents/fellows and their dependents
- 21 days of annual paid time off.
Board Certification Requirements
- Visit the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology for specifics on board certification requirements