How to Apply
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
US residents should contact their Dean's Office or ERAS at http://www.aamc.org/programs/eras/.
International residents should contact the ECFMG at http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/index.html. Sponsorship of J-1 visas is preferred.
An ECFMG certificate must accompany the ERAS application.
A complete ERAS application includes:
- curriculum vitae
- statement of the applicant's long-term career goal and field of interest
- dean's letter
- four letters of support, including letters from the residency program director and the chair of medicine, and two additional individuals who can assess the applicant's potential for a career in pulmonary and critical care medicine from firsthand knowledge of the applicant's performance
- copies of ECFMG scores for Steps I, II, and III (if completed)
- Notarized copies of applicant's transcripts for USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3
- medical school transcript
- An unmounted recent photograph of applicant must accompany application or be provided at time of interview
All applicants must also register with the
National Resident Matching Program (Phone: 202-828-0566).
The deadline for applications is October 31.
Selected candidates will be invited to interview.
If you have any questions, contact Amy Gingerich at email@example.com.