To request verification of training, please send an email or letter of request.
The request letter should include the following information:
- Mailing Address, fax and/or email address for entity requiring verification
- Full legal name at time of training
- Current legal name
- Full name of training program
- Start and end date of training program
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- NPI Number
- Signed Authorization for Release of Information (dowloadable pdf) statement
- Authorization for Release of Information (downloadable pdf form)
Notes Regarding Verifications:
- Licensure board requests from (e.g., FCVS) must be completed by a physician and therefore will be forwarded to the current program director for response.
- The GME Office will only verify training completed under GME contract that were sponsored by UI Hospitals and Clinics.
- Verification requests may require up to two weeks to process.
Non-GME Training, employment and other verification contacts:
- Clinical Privileges email@example.com
- Degree Verifications firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Employment email@example.com
- Medical Degree verifications firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nursing email@example.com
- Post Doc verifications Contact the sponsoring department
- College of Dentistry programs Dental Registrar, 319-331-7161; Fax 319-335-7155
- Psychology firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Statewide Clinical Education Programs (OSCEP)
OSCEP coordinates the University of Iowa College of Medicine’s community-based medical education – involving medical students, residents and physician assistant students – through six regional medical education centers affiliated with the College. OSCEP also oversees the UI-Affiliated Family Practice Training Network and the College’s Visiting Professor Program. In combination, these community-based medical education programs constitute the Statewide Medical Education System.
Send requests to:Graduate Medical Education Office
University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
200 Hawkins Dr
Iowa City, IA 52242-1009