Verification of Training
To request verification of training, please send an email or letter of request.
The request letter should include the following information:
- Mailing Address, fax and/or email address for entity requiring verification
- Full legal name at time of training
- Current legal name
- Full name of training program
- Start and end date of training program
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- NPI Number
- Signed Authorization for Release of Information (dowloadable pdf) statement
- Authorization for Release of Information (downloadable pdf form)
Notes Regarding Verifications:
- Licensure board requests from (e.g., FCVS) must be completed by a physician and therefore will be forwarded to the current program director for response.
- The GME Office will only verify training completed under GME contract that were sponsored by UI Hospitals and Clinics.
- Verification requests may require up to two weeks to process.
Non-GME Training, employment and other verification contacts:
Send requests to:
Graduate Medical Education Office
University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
200 Hawkins Dr
Iowa City, IA 52242-1009