About the Program
Established in the early 1930s, the three year Internal Medicine Residency at the University of Iowa has a long tradition of preparing physicians for careers in general internal medicine, all medical sub-specialties, and in basic science and clinical research.
We invite you to consider the advantages of a program with:
- Faculty members dedicated to your development as a physician
- Program directors and mentors that help tailor your residency training to your specific career and professional goals
- Comprehensive exposure to all subspecialties
- A balance of inpatient and outpatient medical experiences
- Opportunities to participate in specialized clinical pathways in primary care, hospital medicine and research
- Compassionate, intelligent residents adept at working as a team
Join the ranks of our graduates who have found success in the full range of careers available in internal medicine.