Pediatric and Neurology Board Certification
Medical specialty certification in the United States is a voluntary process which serves multiple purposes for the trainee and the public.
- one mission of the training program to produce trainees who meet board eligibility criteria;
- distinguishes a physician as someone with a distinct level of expertise;
- provides more opportunities when applying for employment;
- presents resources and tools by the ABMS;
- a commitment to life-long improvement for providing the best patient care; and
- elevates physicians into the ranks of doctors committed to the highest standards of healthcare.
For more information visit the American Board of Pediatrics and American Board of Neurology for specifics on board certification requirements.