House Staff Council is a peer organization supported by the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Graduate Medical Education Committee. The council is made up of elected representatives from each training program.
The House Staff Council purpose :
- To provide a forum for discussion among the residents and fellows in graduate medical and dental education at UI Hospitals and Clinics about the educational, professional and work environment issues that relate to their graduate training at the UI Hospitals and Clinics,
- To encourage the active participation by residents and fellows in the promotion of excellence in the development, assessment and implementation of their training programs,
- To encourage those in training at the UI Hospitals and Clinics to discuss and exchange ideas relevant to professional issues and trends affecting graduate medical and dental education at the UI Hospitals and Clinics, and
- To offer pertinent recommendations to the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC), program directors, faculty and administrators at UI Hospitals and Clinics on issues including, but not limited to work environment, accreditation and program concerns and successes as they affect the needs and interests of the residents and fellows at UI Hospitals and Clinics.
House Staff Council 2016-2017 Officers:
- President: Ravi Patel, MD
- President Elect: Faisal Tai, MD
- Co-Vice-President: Sheena CarLee, MD
- Co-Vice-President: Shafik Wassef, MBChB
- Secretary: Amanda Skiftun, MD
- Treasurer: Adam Schwalje, MD