Residents are allowed, within approved scheduling parameters, to select the subspecialty areas they wish to rotate through during their 4th year of residency. These are known as "mini fellowships."
Residents continue to take short call in their 4th year, and, like the 3rd-year residents, will be responsible for reading more complex imaging studies as well as performing interventional procedures. Call responsibilities will total approximately 3-4 weeks.
IN-HOUSE CONFERENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Morning conferences
- Noon conferences
- Journal clubs
- Interdisciplinary conferences
- Mock Boards
- Iowa Radiologic Society annual meeting (attendance expected) - conference fees paid for by department
- Radiologic Society of North America annual meeting (must attend at least twice during residency)
- Submit an ethics case
- Complete at least 2 CME credits during the year
- Maintain a case/procedure log
- Present article for journal club
- Present research project at senior research day
- Rotation exams