By the Numbers!
- 8-9 residents are accepted each year
- 34 total residents are ACGME approved for our training program
- 88% of our graduating residents go on to do fellowships
- 60 faculty members are available to train and mentor radiology residents
- 2 chiefs are selected each year
Scheduled Areas of Rotation
Residents rotate through all the below areas during the first three years of their residency:
- Body CT, fluoro and MR
- Breast imaging
- Head & Neck
- Neuro CT, MR
- Non-invasive neurointerventional
- Nuclear Medicine, including PET and cardiac
- Pediatric radiology
- Veteran's Administration Medical Center
- Vascular interventional
During their 2nd and 3rd years, residents can also request elective rotations in education or research. Fourth-year residents are allowed, within approved parameters, to select which subspeciality areas they wish to rotate through. These are known as "mini fellowships."
- Competitive stipends
- Comprehensive medical, dental, hospitalization and pharmacy benefits for residents and their dependents
- 21 days of annual paid time off
Board Certification Requirements
- Visit the American Board of Radiology for specifics on board certification requirements.