The Iowa Neurology Residency Program is dedicated to providing its graduates with the knowledge, skills and habits that will lead to life-long learning and self-improvement, with the goal of attaining expertise in the clinical practice of Neurology. In addition, the program introduces residents to the principles of basic, translational and clinical neuroscience investigation with the option of developing a highly successful academic career.
- The University of Iowa Neurology Residency is widely recognized for its exceptional clinical training.
- Residents learn--and teach--in a collaborative environment that integrates students, trainees and faculty. The program is built upon the principles of supervision and graded responsibility, which lead to independence.
- Ranked 19th among all US Neurology Residency Programs in a recent publication for training academic neurologists (Campbell PG, et al. Arch Neurol. 2011 Aug;68(8)). Ranked 9th in the h-index of our faculty.
- The CNS-TP (a new research track) has further enhanced our ability to train the next generation of clinician-neuroscientists.
- Iowa residency graduates serve the field as outstanding leaders in patient care, research and education.