Patient-centered care, health care that establishes a partnership among providers and patients, is essential for individuals with diabetes. Diabetes services at UI Hospitals and Clinics represent a multidisciplinary approach, with physicians, nurses and dietitians working with patients to ensure that treatment decisions reflect the patient's needs and preferences, while maintaining the highest standards of care. Every member of the diabetes care team is dedicated to working together to provide state-of-the-art care for every patient we serve.
Our services include:
- Diabetes diagnosis, monitoring and treatment options
- Nutritional management
- Monitoring and using results to improve blood glucose control
- Preventing, detecting, and treating acute complications
- Preventing (through risk reduction), detecting, and treating chronic complications
- Goal setting and problem-solving
- Psychosocial adjustment
- Pregnancy and diabetes
We offer diabetes services at UI Hospitals and Clinics - Iowa River Landing. Located at the Coralville interchange on Interstate 80 (exit 242), UI Hospitals and Clinics - Iowa River Landing offers patients easy access, free parking, several amenities, and a state-of-the-art building for delivering outstanding patient care.