Recreation therapists use various activities and treatments to enhance the quality of life for their patients by:
- Promoting skill development
- Developing feelings of well-being
- Fostering successful experiences
- Establishing new life activities
The program provides services to children, adolescents, adults and the geriatric population. Programming is provided through both individual sessions and group activities.
The staff plans and implements a recreation therapy program that forms an integral part of the patients' overall treatment program. The recreation therapists play a significant role in the multi-disciplinary team on each unit, which involves physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, nursing staff, social services, physical therapists and pharmacists.
Therapy services are available for:
- Adult medical/surgical patients
- Adult psychiatry
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Partial hospitalization program for psychiatric patients
- IMPACT program patients