The Movement Disorders service sees patients with conditions or symptoms that include abnormal involuntary movements that lead to shaking, jerking or twisting of the involved body parts.
In addition to education and research, the service provides multidisciplinary expert care, including botulinum toxin injections and deep brain stimulation for the following disorders:
- Essential tremor
- Parkinson's disease and related disorders
- Huntington's disease and other choreas
- Hereditary ataxias
- Tourette's syndrome and other tic disorders
- Myoclonus and startle syndromes
- Medication induced movement disorders, tardive dyskinesia
- Hemifacial spasm
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Stiff-person syndrome
- Wilson's disease
For more information, please see our About Your Neurology Visit guide.