Experts at Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center understand breast cancer and are actively searching for ways to prevent, detect, and cure the disease. They use cutting-edge diagnostic tests like tomosynthesis mammogram, whole breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and genetic testing to identify the most high risk patients.
Our breast cancer experts work as a team to design the best treatment plan. Treatment plans may include:
Why get your care at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics? Our multidisciplinary team gives the patient the convenience of seeing multiple care providers in one location. Our providers all work together as a patient care team to give you the best chance of surviving your cancer. This team can ensure you get the most comprehensive care plan to address your needs.
UI Hospitals and Clinics is the only medical center in Iowa to offer a full range of breast care services provided by people who are conducting advanced research into various aspects of breast health, including breast cancer, breast imaging and therapies to treat breast diseases and conditions.
- We are the first hospital in Iowa to offer digital mammography.
- We are the first hospital in the United States to perform digital breast tomosynthesis imaging, which allows physicians to "page through" the interior of the breast without the superimposition of the other tissues.
- American College of Radiology: This nationwide association of radiologists, radiation oncologists, medical physicists, interventional radiologists and nuclear medicine physicians accredited the hospital as a "Breast Imaging Center of Excellence." (2010-Present)
- We are an accredited breast center through the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a consortium of national, professional organizations focused on breast health and dedicated to the improvement of quality care and outcomes of patients with diseases of the breast through evidence-based standards and patient and professional education.
- Women's Choice Awards: UI Hospitals and Clinics has been accredited the Women's Choice Award as one of America's Best Breast Centers. Meeting the high standards of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and carrying the Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) seal from the American College of Radiology. Also having above average patient recommendation ratings according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. (2014)
An innocent mother-son moment turned into a fearful, life-altering event for a pregnant Iowa City mom. While reading a story to her two-year-old son, Jana Hartmanova noticed a lump in her breast.
Décolletage Perfect Fit Boutique serves a variety of women who need custom bras, mastectomy bras, external breast prostheses, and cancer treatment apparel. Learn more.