Important New Information Regarding Your Billing Statement
Beginning August 2, 2014, our patient registration, scheduling, and billing functions were changed to a new computer system. Here is what you need to know
- Pay your bill online 24/7
- Pay your bill now with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express).
- How to Read Your Bill
- Your bill has a section that summarizes all account information and a section that highlights specific recent charges and adjustments.
- Payment Options
- Payments options include cash, check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, alternative payments, and/or UI Staff ID.
- Billing Checklist
- Follow this checklist to ensure a smooth billing process.
- Financial Assistance
- There are services available for people who are unable to pay for their care.
- Medicare Coverage
- Medicare provides coverage for people who qualify.
- Insurance Coverage
- Coverage varies widely among insurance carriers and within plans that they offer. Your financial responsibility will vary depending on the type of service, type of professional providing the service, and your health insurance plan.
- Financial Counseling Services
- If your insurance plan is not accepted at UI Health Care , or if you do not have insurance (“a self-pay patient”), a financial counselor will meet with you prior to scheduling your appointment.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Billing and Glossary of Insurance Terms
- Find answers to your questions about billing.
- Medical Record Requests
- You have a right to review, on request, a copy of your medical record and/or receive a copy of your medical record for reasonable copying charges.
- Patient Rights and Advocacy
- Information about your health and care is protected by a body of federal regulations referred to as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).