Post myocardial infarction ECG wave tracings
Various phases can be seen through ECG wave tracings following a heart attack:
- Hyperacute phase begins immediately after a heart attack
- Fully evolved phase starts a few hours to days after a heart attack
- Resolution phase appears a few weeks after a heart attack
- Stabilized chronic phase is the last phase and typically has permanent pathological changes compared to a normal ECG tracing
Last reviewed 6/22/2012 by David C. Dugdale, III, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine; and Michael A. Chen, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington Medical School, Seattle, Washington. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.