Before You Get Pregnant
Your journey through pregnancy is perhaps the biggest physical change your body will ever undergo. Ideally, you should see a doctor before you get pregnant for recommendations on how to have a healthy pregnancy. This section covers nutrition, diet, and lifestyle changes you should consider at this time.
Issues To Consider
- Preparing for pregnancy
- Eating right before pregnancy
- Getting pregnant in later years
- How a father should prepare
- Maternity leave and work issues
- Health conditions that complicate pregnancy
- Genetic counseling
Fertility And Conception
- Ovulation calculator
- Due date calculator
- Trying to conceive - timing and fertility
- The signs of pregnancy
- Pregnancy tests
- Lifestyle habits may impact fertility
- Infertility - overview
- Infertility - therapies and treatments
- Reproductive surgery
Last reviewed 12/1/2010 by Zev Williams MD, PhD, FACOG, Reproductive Medicine and Infertility, Weill-Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.