Sickle cell anemia - resources
Resources - sickle cell anemia
The following organizations are good resources for information on sickle cell anemia:
- American Sickle Cell Anemia Association - www.ascaa.org/
- National Heart, Blood, and Lung Institute - www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/Sca/SCA_WhatIs.html
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America - www.sicklecelldisease.org
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell
Last reviewed 11/12/2012 by Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, David R. Eltz, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.