Chronic pain - resources
Pain - resources; Resources - chronic pain
The following organizations are good resources for information on chronic pain:
- American Chronic Pain Association - www.theacpa.org
- National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association - www.fmcpaware.org
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke -www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/chronic_pain/chronic_pain
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases - www.niams.nih.gov
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine - http://nccam.nih.gov
Last reviewed 11/9/2012 by Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, David R. Eltz, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.