Snake bite on the finger
Venom from poisonous snakes can cause tissue death (necrosis) swelling, bleeding and destruction of blood cells (hematological problems), and nerve (neurological) damage (coma, paralysis). This snake bite has caused swelling and local tissue death on the finger.
Last reviewed 1/8/2012 by Jacob L. Heller, MD, MHA, Emergency Medicine, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.