Widely spaced teeth
Widely spaced teeth can be a temporary condition related to normal growth and the development of adult teeth. Wide spacing can also occur as a result of several diseases or continued growth of the jawbone.
Teeth - widely spaced
Ask your dentist if braces can help if the appearance is bothersome.
Call your health care provider if
Call your health care provider if:
- Your child's teeth or jaws appear to be developing abnormally
- Other symptoms accompany the appearance of widely spaced teeth
What to expect at your health care provider's office
An examination of the mouth, teeth, and gums will be done. Other tests that may be done include:
Last reviewed 2/22/2012 by Paul Fotek, DMD, Florida Institute for Periodontics & Dental lmplants, West Palm Beach, FL. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.