Celiac disease - resources
Resources - celiac disease
If you have celiac disease, it is very important that you receive counseling from a registered dietitian who specializes in celiac disease and gluten-free diets. An expert can tell you where to buy gluten-free products, and will share important resources that explain your disease and treatment.
A dietitian can also provide counseling on conditions that commonly occur with celiac disease such as:
The following organizations provide additional information:
- Celiac Disease Foundation - www.celiac.org
- Celiac Sprue Association - www.csaceliacs.org
- Gluten Intolerance Group - www.gluten.net
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse - www.digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/celiac/index.htm
Last reviewed 11/12/2012 by Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, David R. Eltz, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.