Diabetes - resources
Resources - diabetes
The following sites provide further information on diabetes:
- American Diabetes Association | www.diabetes.org
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International | www.jdrf.org
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion | www.cdc.gov/diabetes/
- National Diabetes Education Program | http://ndep.nih.gov/
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse | www.diabetes.niddk.nih.gov
- National Library of Medicine MedlinePlus | www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/diabetes.html
See the following for information on diabetes-related complications:
- Diabetic retinopathy resources
- National Eye Institute | www.nei.nih.gov/health/diabetic/retinopathy.asp
- EyeCare America | www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/diseases/diabetic-retinopathy.cfm
- Diabetic neuropathy (nerve pain) resources
- Kidney disease resources
Last reviewed 5/8/2013 by Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Bethanne Black, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.