Depression - resources
Resources - depression
Depression is a medical condition. If you think you may be depressed, see a health care provider.
The following organizations are good resources of information on depression:
- American Psychological Association - www.apa.org/topics/depress/index.aspx
- American Psychiatric Association - www.psychiatry.org/mental-health/key-topics/depression
- National Institute of Mental Health - www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/depression/index.shtml
Last reviewed 11/9/2012 by Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, David R. Eltz, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.