Lung disease - resources
Resources - lung disease
The following organizations are good resources for information on lung disease:
- American Lung Association - www.lungusa.org
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute - www.nhlbi.nih.gov
Resources for specific lung diseases:
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America - http://aafa.org
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov/asthma
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute - www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/Asthma/Asthma_WhatIs.html
Emphysema/COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease):
- COPD Foundation - www.copdfoundation.org
- National Emphysema Foundation - www.emphysemafoundation.org
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute - www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/lung/copd/index.htm
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - www.cff.org
- March of Dimes - www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/4439_1213.asp
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute - www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/cf/cf_what.html
Last reviewed 11/9/2012 by Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, David R. Eltz, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.