Hearing or speech impairment - resources
Resources - hearing or speech impairment
The following organizations are good resources for information on hearing impairment or speech impairment:
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - www.asha.org
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities - http://nichcy.org/disability/specific/speechlanguage
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders - www.nidcd.nih.gov
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing - www.agbell.org
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/hearingloss/index.html
Last reviewed 11/9/2012 by Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital. Also reviewed by A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc., Editorial Team: David Zieve, MD, MHA, David R. Eltz, Stephanie Slon, and Nissi Wang.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.