Managing Eating Problems During Cancer Treatment: Too Tired to Cook
Finding enough energy to cook during cancer treatment is challenging.
- Try frozen meals.
- Contact the local Meals-On-Wheels program to have meals brought into the home.
- Prepare and freeze foods ahead on good days for the future bad days.
- Accept offers of help from family and friends with shopping and meal preparation.
- Use commercial food supplements (such as Boost or Carnation).
- Call for take-out foods from reputable restaurants.
- Plan easy to prepare one-dish menus and shopping lists ahead of time.
- Include pre-cut and pre-washed salad and vegetable fixings.
- Use disposable plates and utensils.
UI Cancer Information Service